Some of the available smartphone brands are popular ones, for example, Nokia, Huawei, Samsung, Apple, and others. While most of these phone brands manufacture reliable smartphones each year, very few devices gain popularity in the local smartphone market. This year is no different from the others. So, which are the best smartphones in Kenya 2019? Here are the top latest phones with their prices in Kenya.
1. Tecno Spark K9
The Techno Spark Plus K9 smartphone is one of the best smartphones trending in Kenya. Featuring a huge 6.0-inch screen, this phablet is perfect for people who don’t mind carrying a large sized phone in their hands or pockets. It likewise features some cool smartphone features such as fingerprint sensor/scanner and works on Android v7.0 Nougat operating system.
- 6.0-inch screen with display of 720 by 1280 pixels
- 13MP primary camera and 5MP secondary (selfie) camera
- 1.5 GHz Octa-core CPU
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB ROM
- 3400 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Tecno Spark Plus K9 is available for about Ksh 12,300.
2. Huawei P Smart
If you are searching for a high-performing smartphone in Kenya, The Huawei P Smart is the true deal for you. It combines Android 8.0 Operating system(OS) with an octa-core Cortex A53 CPU to give you the best performance. It further features a large 5.65-inch display with a 2.5D effect to provide you with the best mobile viewing experience. The screen further features a smart split function, which enables you to run two applications concurrently.
- 5.56-inch screen with a huge 1080 by 2160 pixels’ display
- 13MP + 2MP dual main camera with LED flash, HDR, panorama, and a depth sensor
8MP selfie camera
- Octa-core (with 4 x 2.36 GHz and 4 x 1.7 GHz) CPU
- 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB ROM, or 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB ROM
The Huawei P Smart 3 GB/32GB is accessible at approximately Ksh 19,300.
3. Infinix Note 5
Infinix Note 5 is a different one of the best smartphones in Kenya currently. It features a 6.0-inch screen with a huge 1080 by 2160 P display, which delivers crystal clear mobile images. It operates on the most advanced Android platform, Android One, and runs on the super fast Android 8.1 Oreo operating system.
- Octa-core with 2.0 GHz CPU
- 12 MP dual LED main flash camera
- 16MP LED flash selfie camera
- 4 GB of RAM & 64 GB ROM, or 3 GB of RAM & 32 GB ROM
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor/scanner
- 4500 mAh Li-Po fast charging battery
Infinix Note 5 is available at approximately Ksh 17,000.
4. Samsung Galaxy A20
Samsung Galaxy A20 smartphone is one of the latest Android phones in Kenya in 2019. It features a massive 6.4-inch screen with 720 x 1560P Infinity display to give you the best viewing experience. It additionally comes with a high-performance octa-core CPU, which is connected with the 2 GB RAM to guarantee you a fast, secure, and smooth user experience.
- 6.4 inch Super AMOLED capacitive mobile screen with infinity display
- Octa-core CPU (a dual-core 1.6 GHz and hexa-core 1.35 GHz)
- 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB ROM expandable up to 1 TB
- Android 9.0 pie operating system
- 4000 mAh Li-Po battery
The Samsung Galaxy A20 is currently available at approximately Ksh 17,000.
5. Tecno Spark 3
Tecno Spark 3 is also another one of the top budget smartphones in Kenya. It was discharged as a successor to the 2018 popular Tecno Spark 2, another value phone. It comes having all the previous features of the Spark 2, with a few upgrades that Tecno enthusiasts will definitely love.
- 6.2-inch screen with a 700 by 1500 pixels’ display
- Android 9.0 Pie OS
- Quad-core 2.0 GHz processor
- 2 GB of RAM 32 GB Rom expandable up to 32 GB
- 13 MP + 2 MP dual camera with a dual LED flash
- 8 MP selfie camera
- 3500 mAh Li-Ion battery
The Tecno Spark 3 is available at around Ksh 10,000.
6. Infinix Hot 6 Pro
The Infinix Hot 6 Pro smartphone is another top trending option to consider when looking to buy a smartphone. It features a 6.0-inch screen with an edge to edge display. It additionally boasts of an exciting dual primary camera and a 5 megapixels’ selfie camera, therefore guaranteeing you impressive shots.
- Snapdragon chipset with an octa-core 1.4 GHz CPU
- 13 MP + 2 MP dual rear camera and a 5 MP front camera
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM
- Fingerprint sensor and a Face ID unlock feature
- 4000 mAh battery
The Infinix Hot 6 Pro smartphone is available at around Ksh 15,000.
7. Nokia 5.2
Nokia has been giving some of the most affordable phone prices in Kenya, so it’s no wonder that one of their models makes it to this list. The Nokia 5.2 smartphone is one of the latest Nokia releases in 2019 and is also expected to hit the Kenyan market soon.
- 6.0-inch screen with a Full HD display
- A Snapdragon chipset with an octa-core 1.8 GHz speed
- 16 MP Zeiss optics back camera and 5 MP front camera
- 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB ROM
- Android 9.0 Pie operating system
- Rear mounted fingerprint sensor unlock feature
The price of Nokia 5.2 is yet to be advertised, but it is expected that the Nokia 5.2 will be a mid-range mobile budget phone like several other early releases.
8. Huawei P20 Lite
The Huawei P20 Lite phone is one of the best phablets in Kenya, with a massive 5.84-inch screen. It comes with a remarkable 2280 x 1080 pixels’ display, which gives clear, vivid images for the best viewing experience. The smartphone runs on Android 8.0 operating system and is also powered by Kirin 659 chipset with 8 cores.
- Octa-core (a 4 x 2.36 GHz & 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53) CPU
- 4GB of RAM and 64 GB memory, expandable up to 256 GB
- 16.0 MP + 2 MP dual back camera and 24 MP front camera
- Dual SIM support with a 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE technology
- Android 8.0 operating system
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Fingerprint sensor unlocks the phone
Huawei P20 Lite is available at approximately Ksh 23,000.
Are you currently looking for the best smartphone in Kenya 2019? The phones listed above are some of the top choices that are at the moment available in the market. Whether you are searching for a budget phone, a mid-range phone, or a high-performing device, you can be sure to find something great that will satisfy your needs in the Kenyan phone market.