The NHIF, National Hospital Insurance Fund is a State Parastatal that got founded in 1966 as a department under the Ministry of Health. The initial Act of Parliament that set up this Fund in 1966 has over the years been evaluated to accommodate the growing health care needs of the Kenyan people, restructuring and employment in the health sector.
The National Hospital Insurance Fund Operations
NHIF registers any eligible members of the society from both the formal and informal sector. For those in the legal industry, it is compulsory to be a member. For those in the intimate area and retirees, membership is open and voluntary. To enrol with NHIF as a member, fill in the Members Form. To register as an organisation or organised group, fill in the Employers Form.
Address NHIF Bldg,Ragati Rd/Haile Selassie Junction, Upper Hill,Nairobi
P.O.Box: 30443-00100 Nairobi GPO
Telephone number: +254-202793000
More Lines: +254-202723256 +254-202714793 +254-202723255 +254-202714794
Fax : (020) 2714806.
Enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints mail : email@example.com.
Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Out-patient cover services covered in these NHIF new rates include:
- Family planning
- Drugs and medicines
- General consultation with general medical practitioners
- Prescribed Laboratory tests and Lab investigations
- Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Prescribed ultrasound diagnosis and X-ray
- Treatment, dressing and diagnostic testing
- Clinical counselling services
- Post-natal and ante-natal health care
- Health and wellness education