T Kash is a money sending service that was introduced by the Telecommunication company Telkom. Just like Safaricom’s M-Pesa, T-Kash also has their outlets and agents where other Kenyans can make their transactions. Starting a T Kash agent shop is not complicated, and you will need a few credentials to get set up and start earning the commission.
Business Requirements of becoming T kash agent
- Certificate of inclusion for limited companies, certificate of registration for Sole Proprietor, and a Partnership deed for Partners.
- An agent should have at least three shops that are ready to offer T-kash services.
- Minimum float of at least KShs.100, 000 for the *Agency Head Office.
- Valid Bank statements for at least the last six months.
- Business should have been in excistence for at least six months.
- Minimum purchase of 100 lines.
T Kash Agent Staff requirements
- Head office computer.
- Official line and email.
- Good Internet connectivity
- A printer for printing reports.
- At least one staff to handle head office operations.
- Any other equipment to conduct the business like; pens,desks, chairs, stationery, and a pay point.
Bases and their maintenance
Operators must stick to Telkom Kenya branding and merchandising standards. (Min requirements to be communicated to the Agents in advance).
This Includes buildings, banks, supermarkets, hospitals, hotels, and exchange bureaus.
- Minimum float of Ks 200,000 in the main office.
- Minimum of 1 branch.
- Remote locations.
- Partial Agents for special purposes – to be approved from time to time.
- Unique operations (Hospitals).
The original scanned copies MUST be presented for confirmation at the time of handing in the application.
Requirements for Telkom Kenya partners
- Completed T-kash Agent application forms.
- A Valid CR12 Form, or equivalent papers showing the list of directors (3 months valid).
- Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Registration.
- Copies of national IDs for the Administration Officers and Agent assistants as stated in the application forms.
Requirements for Non-Telkom Kenya partners
- Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent.
- Copies of IDs and passport photos of Directors or persons playing an equivalent role.
- A brief profile of the company.
- Form CR12 or an equivalent, should be valid for the last three months.
- Business Permits for each of the outlets.
- Copy of VAT and/or PIN Certificate where applicable.
- Copy of Articles and Memorandum of Association.
- Certificate of Good Conduct for the Directors.
- A list of the outlets.
- Copies of valid IDs of the Office Administrators and Agent assistants, as stated in application forms.
- Dully Completed T-kash Agent application forms.
- Completed Board Resolution or Personal Declaration form by the Directors or persons in equivalent roles.
- Proof of a minimum of six months company bank statements.
Conditions for Stand-Alone Agents
As described in the requirements for Non-Telkom Kenya associates, bank statements are not necessary for financial organisations.
- Certificate of Registration.
- List of branches.
- Completed T-kash Agent Application forms.
- Certificate of Good Conduct of Executive Committee Members.
- Form CR14/Annual Returns to the Commission of Co-operatives.
- The SACCO’s PIN Certificate.
- Brief profile of SACCO.
- Copies of passport photos of Executive Committee Members.
- Copies of IDs of the Office Administrators and Primary Assistants as indicated in the application forms.
- Duly filled T-kash contract.
- Business permits of the Head Office and each of the outlets.
- Dully Completed Personal Declaration forms of Executive Committee Staff.
- Introduction letter from Registrar of Cooperatives, District/Provincial Registrar, with the names of the Executive Officer, valid for the last 3 months.
- Valid Business Permit.
- Passport photos of Director/s and Administrator/s.
- Copies of valid IDs of Owner/s and/or Administrator/s.
A Minimum float of Ks 50,000 and keep a minimum balance of Ks 20,000.
Should be a Permanent structure.
Team should have a minimum of KCSE certification.