Since Mpesa was introduced in Kenya you can now buy Kenya Power KPLC Tokens via Mpesa in simplest steps.All you need to do is load the amount of money that you wish to buy tokens with.
Below is a comprehensive step to step guide on how to buy KPLC tokens through Mpesa.
- – Go to the MPESA menu on your phone then select pay bill.
- -Press Kenya Power paybill number 888880 and then click the OK button.
- -Next, key in your eleven digit pre-paid meter number that you want to top up by buying a token. Press OK.
- – Key in the amount you need to purchase the electricity token then press OK.
- -Key in your M-PESA PIN and press OK. You can confirm if the digits are correct.
- -An SMS confirmation will be sent to your phone from MPESA almost immediately if systems are working perfectly. Later on after the steps above, Kenya Power will create a KPLC token number for your meter number specifically, and you will get it via SMS.
How to Buy Kplc Tokens Via Airtel Money
Airtel money is also an alternative method that consumers use in paying electricity bills through their mobile phone devices. Airtel money ebables consumers to get their electricity token when they want and simply from comfort of their residences.
Here is a comprehensive step to step instruction on how to buy kplc tokens using Airtel money
- – Click Airtel Menu on your Phone that has an Airtel line, and select the Money Option.
- – Select the Nickname alternative then enter MYPOWER.
- – Enter the amount you wish to trnsact and press OK.
- – Put your four-digit Airtel money password.
- – Under the reference alternative, enter the eleven digit prepaid Kenya Power meter number. A confirmation short message will be sent to you with:
- A unique transaction ID for every transaction.
- The amount paid
- The KPLC prepaid meter number
- Your Airtel money account balance
6-An affirmation SMS will follow, and like using Mpesa, Kenya Power will produce a KPLC token number for your meter and send it to you via text message.
How to Buy Kplc Tokens Using Equitel
Equity Bank Limited also partnered with Kenya Power through Equitel to enable Kenyans to pay their Kenya Power bills in a convenient way. Transacting with Equitel in Kenya is fast and straightforward to use, and thus, saves people from the long and annoying lines in the busy banking halls. Additionally, Equitel has the lowest money transfer rates, and customers enjoy direct link to their bank accounts through their mobile phone.
Here is a comprehensive advice on how to buy kplc tokens using an equitel line:
- – Go to your Equitel Menu and select the Eazzy Pay alternative.
- – Go to Pay Bill. Click on the bank account number that you want to make payment from.
- – Select the business number as KPLC Tokens and then put your Kenya Power Prepaid Meter Number. Click the OK button.
- -Key in the sum of money which plan to pay, but it should not be less than one hundred Kenyan shillings and not exceeding half a million Kenyan shillings.
- -Key in Your PIN for Equitel, then press OK. Like the other two methods, you will similarly need to validate once again that you have put the correct information by pressing 1 then OK.
- -Afterwards, a text confirmation of the transaction completed will be sent to your phone from Equity Bank. KPLC will then issue you with a prepaid token that is proper for your electricity meter only and send via an SMS.
How to Get Prepaid Tokens from an Authorized Vendor
You my not be having cash in your bank account or on your mobile phone, and might be wondering how and where to get KPLC tokens physically. In this post we have also discussed how you can physically buy KPLC Tokens;
-Kenya Power offices at Electricity House in Nairobi CBD, Sarit Centre Westlands, Stima Plaza Ngara, as well as in Thika town.
-Uchumi Supermarkets including the one along Mombasa Road at Capital Centre, Uchumi Ngong Hyper, Uchumi Buru Buru, and Uchumi Lang’ata Road.
-Pata Power/KPLC Agent, or any authorized electricity vendor in your locality.
You need to give the operator or cashier at the vendor your eleven digit meter number and the amount that you would like to purchase. Once done, the agent will give you a twenty digit token number printed on a receipt.
Wondering how to buy KPLC tokens online? Simple! You can purchase via PesaPal. Just select the service as Prepaid then put your email address, First and Last Name, your telephone number, the amount of cash for purchase, and the eleven digit meter number. Later on,press on Preed octo pay and opt to pay through Mpesa, Airtel money, Visa, or Mastercard, depending on the most convenient method for you.
To conclude, paying KPLC bills using your phone is a suitable, safe, and saves time as opposed to finding long queues at the Kenya Power branches. Kenya Power also created the Kenya Power mobile App, a platform used to enable customers to be updated and track their electricity account usage. Clients may as well utilize this platform to question the usage of their token at their convenience.
Kenya Power Contacts
For any questions or issues, contact the Kenya Power contact center on landline number +254 203 201 000, Safaricom number 0703 070 707, Airtel number 0732 170 170 or 95551.