Telkom is one of the telecommunication giants in Kenya with millions of subscribers. As we can all relate, at one point or another you may need airtime or data bundles. What if you have some cash on Mpesa wallet and want to buy Telkom airtime? Well, worry no more. Here are the simple steps on How to Buy Telkom Airtime From M-PESA in Kenya.
How to Buy Telkom Airtime Via M-PESA Using Pay Bill number 777711
This is an alternative to the two steps we will cover below and it’s also the most popular way among Kenyans. It simply involves a direct transaction between Mpesa and Telkom pay bill number which is 777711.
- Step 1 – Go to your Mpesa Menu
- Step 2 – Select the option written “Lipa na Mpesa”
- Step 3 – Select the ‘Pay Bill’ option
- Step 4 – Enter the Telkom Kenya Paybill number as 777711
- Step 5 – Enter the account number which is your Telkom phone number
- Step 5 – Enter the total amount of airtime you want to purchase.
- Step 6 – Enter your M-PESA pin
Also Read: How to Open Equity Bank account Online
How to Buy Telkom airtime from Mpesa via Pesapal
Please note that we are going to use pesapal here. If you don’t prefer using Pesapal please jump to the next alternative below or use the earlier mentioned method.
- Go to your phone’s Sim toolkit and select Mpesa
- Click Lipa na Mpesa Option from the Menu
- Select the “paybill” option
- Enter Pesapal paybill number 220220
- Enter your Telkom phone number as the account number
- Enter the amount of airtime that you need to buy from Mpesa to Telkom
- Enter your Mpesa pin and click OK
After these steps, you will receive Mpesa confirmation message within 10 seconds from the time of transaction. Also, note that Mpesa charges apply to paybill transactions.
How to buy Telkom airtime on Mpesa Using I pay Limited
- Go to device sim toolkit and click Mpesa
- Click on the Lipa Na Mpesa option
- Select the Paybill option
- Enter the I pay Ltd number which is 510800
- In account, number section Enter your Telkom number
- Enter the amount you need
- Enter Mpesa Pin and click Ok to finalize the transaction
These are the 3 available options for buying Telkom airtime from Mpesa. However, you may have some cash on your Tkash account and want to buy some data bundles or airtime. This is covered below and it’s similar to buying Safaricom Airtime from Mpesa.
How to Buy Telkom Airtime Via T-kash
- Step 1 – Go to your T-kash Sim Menu and then select ‘Buy Airtime’.
- Step 2 – Select your preferred option,that is either for your Own Phone or for Other Phone (enter the other phone number you want to buy the airtime for).
- Step 3 – Enter the total amount & confirm the details.
- Step 4 – Enter your T-kash PIN and press send.
With the developing mobile and tech industry, you don’t have to keep your cash in one place. You can buy airtime from any money wallets in Kenya even from bank accounts and other mobile apps. The only caution is that you should never share your secret PINs with anyone, not even with your best friend.