You must be waiting for the Kenya Prisons Service recruitment requirements, dates and qualifications as per 2019. Well, we have your back, Kenya Prisons Service is a department under the Ministry of Interior and Kenyan National Government which was created on 1st of April 1991 by the British East Africa Protectorate. The Kenya Prisons Service is commanded by a Commissioner General of Prisons; Isaya M. Osugo who is assisted by Benjamin Njoga.
The Kenya Prisons Services as a department and security organ are instructed to keep in safe custody all prisoners placed under its care. Rehabilitation and reformation of prisoners, aiding of administration of Justice, containing and transformation of youth offenders in Borstal Institutions and youth corrective training centres and provision of facilities for children aged between 4 years and below accompanying their mothers in prison.
Kenya Prisons Recruitment Application Form and Portal in 2019
The Kenya Prisons Recruitment Application Form online and Portal 2019: IMPORTANT NOTE! Currently, the Kenya Prisons Service recruitment 2019 form is not yet officially released online, just DISREGARD any advert/post circulating online when you come across. Note that This page right here will be updated immediately the form is officially out so stay tuned to Exposeke.com.
To determine if the Kenya Prisons Service recruitment 2019/2020 has formally started, reach out to the official Kenya Prisons Portal website using @ http://www.prisons.go.ke OR check simply check this page frequently as real-time updates shall be made anytime the form is out.
All Prospective candidates for the advertised prison posts should download and fill the PSC 2 form
(2007 revised form) On www.publicservice.go.ke and attach clear photocopies of relevant academic papers.
Professional documents and their National Identification Card (ID), and be addressed to the following Address:
The Commissioner General of Prisons
As per 2019, there were 92 correctional institutions in Kenya which entail 89 prisons, two borstals; and one youth training centre. The present prisoners’ population stands at 54,000 of which 48% are pre-trial detainees while the rest are already sentenced. The Kenya Prisons Service workers currently stand at approximately 22,000 composed of uniformed officers and auxiliary staff workers. This is according to the Ministry of Interior & Coordination of National Government.
Kenya Prisons service Recruitment requirements.
1. You must be a citizen of Kenya.
2. You must have a Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)with a minimum grade of D+ and above or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
3. You must be between the age range of 18 – 28 years.
4. You must be physically fit.
5. Heights- 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women.
6. You must have excellent hearing and clear vision.
7. You must have no past or current criminal record.
8. Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during training.
9. Documents needed
- original identification card
- birth certificate
- KRA PIN certificate
- academic certificates
- other testimonials
Upon being considered, shortlisted candidates undertake an intensive Government sponsored paramilitary initial training course (professional) lasting not less than nine months. Additionally, while conducting the vigorous training, recruits will be expected to undertake a self-sponsored certificate or diploma course in security and correctional Science offered by Kenyatta University at a cost to be determined by the university.
Kenya Prisons service Recruitment 2019
The Kenya National Police has not yet announced any recruitment/enrolment dates. We will update for you the dates and venues anytime the announcement is done so stay tuned to exposeke.com. Please take care that no fee is required for one to be recruited into the service. Anyone found taking money from the public in the name of helping them to secure employment in the service will be arrested and charged.
Vacancies At Kenya Prison services 2019
- Clinical Officers III/II/I (in PG 3)
- Nursing Officers III/II/I (in PG 3)
- Public Health Officers III/II/I (in PG 3)
- Radiographers III/II/I (in PG 3)
- Pharmaceutical Technologists III/II/I (in PG 3)
- Community Oral Health Officers III/II/I (in PG 3)
- Health Records & Information Officers III/II/I (in PG 3)
- Laboratory Technologists III (in PG 3)
- Nutritionists III/II (in PG 3)
- Animal Health Officers (in PG 3)
- Information Communication Technology Officers III (in PG 3)
- Housekeepers/Caterers II (in PG 3)
- Instructors III(example Negotiators, Disaster Management) (in PG 3)
- P1 Teachers (in PG 2)
- Early Childhood Development Officers (in PG 1)
- Cooks (in PG 1)
- Bands Men (in PG 1)
- Masonry or Bricklaying (in PG 1/2/3)
- Construction or Carpentry & Joinery (in PG1/2/3 )
- Tailoring, Dressmaking, Fashion &Designing (in PG1/2/3)
- Fitter General (in PG 1/2/3)
- Architect Assistants (in PG1/2/3)
- Metal workers (in PG 1/2/3)
- Wood/Stone carvers (in PG 1/2/3)
- Leather Works (in PG 1/2/3)
- Electrical Assistants (in PG1/2/3)
- Painting & sign writers (in PG1/2/3)
- Plant Technicians (in PG 1/2/3)
- Plumbers/Water Supply Operators (in PG 1/2/3)
- Draughtsman (in PG 1/2/3)
- Videographers (in PG 1/2/3)
- Hair & Beauty Therapist (in PG 1/2/3)
- Welding & fabrication (in PG 1/2)
Kenya Prisons Recruitment Deadline/Closing Date 2019
The Kenya Prisons Recruitment Deadline/Closing dates will be released when the recruitment application begins, so for now, there is no recruitment deadline that we can talk about for Kenya Prisons recruitment.
CONTACTs OF KENYA PRISONS RECRUITMENT
Physical Address:Prisons Headquarters, Bishop Rd, Nairobi Hill
Postal Address: Box 30175-00100, Nairobi, Kenya