Mercy Corps is a leading global company powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In a disaster, in hardship, in over 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold answers into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps’ portfolio across Africa has expanded to 17 countries, including both development focused programming and humanitarian response.
Mercy Corps is creating a list of short-term business development consultants across the country to help support our Africa growth strategy.
Purpose / Project Description:
Short-term specialists will provide surge support on key business development initiatives.
Short-term consultants are asked for a range of humanitarian and development focused opportunities.
The Consultant will be tasked with operating closely with Mercy Corps Country offices and Headquarters teams to create and develop a competitive proposal based on field research, consultations with key internal and external stakeholders, input from technical and business development experts, and a thorough design process.
• Responsibilities will include a wide range of activities related to pre-positioning, leading design workshops, development of strategy and lead writing.
• Specific responsibilities and deliverables will be tailored to individual business development opportunities and in-country needs.
Required Experience & Skills:
• 5-10 years of experience in program design and proposal development in a wide variety of sectors and geographic locations.
• At least 2-3 years experience in field-based program and staff management, with local knowledge of ESA, WCNA regions.
• Preferable experience with an emergency as well as development proposal writing Masters degree preferred;
Development or Business Science preferred.
• Proven ability to work productively with a wide variety of stakeholders to run both the participatory process and also meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on producing quality products.
• Experience with a wide array of donors including USAID and European institutional donors.
• Familiarity with other donors, including corporate donors, a plus.
• Experience developing and a strong understanding of budget and cost proposal submissions, and personnel and staffing requirements for OFDA, USAID, EU (ECHO and DEVCO) and other institutional donor proposals.
• Strong negotiation abilities and experience developing multiple-partnership arrangements for proposal development.
• Ability to lead crews, handle negotiations and facilitate planning processes.
• Ability to work productively under tight deadlines and in sparse working environments.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills an absolute must.
• A Native-level spoken and written English or Native-level spoken and written French.
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified candidates should apply online by 4th June 2019
• Please submit a CV, cover letter and two writing samples.
• The cover letter should include a list of past proposals including donor, value and if awarded.
• For more information and the job application details, see; Mercy Corps Consultant – Short-term Proposal Writing Jobs in Kenya.For Verified Daily jobs in Kenya, look for BIKENYA JOBS, hit the bell button to subscribe for LATEST JOB Alerts, we smile when you get that dream Career,