UN Intern – Programme Management Jobs available in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, the UN-Habitat, is the bureau for human settlements.
It is formally mandated by the UN General Assembly to support socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities to provide adequate shelter for everyone.
The UN-Habitat Data Analysis and Literature Review internship are for six months.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (average of 35 hours) under the supervision of a faculty member in the department or department to which they are assigned.
• Daily duties will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the administration of the UEFB focal point, the intern will:
• support the collecting and analysis of data from a range of academic articles, official government statements, data banks and other sources of information.
• Literature review.
• Collecting and processing of data on municipal and subnational finance.
• Excel-based review and delivery of data visualizations.
• Support of project lead on ad-hoc issues around the working office including among other matters the writing of concept notes, preparation of talking points and the preparation of PowerPoint Presentations.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
• Listening to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
• Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
• Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
• Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
• Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts following final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Considers all those to whom services are given to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
• Builds and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
• Identifies customers’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
• Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
• Keeps clients always informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
• Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
• Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
• Have graduated with a university degree and, if by chance selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.
• Be computer literate in standard software applications.
• Have demonstrated a very keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
• Have a demonstrated capacity to successfully interact with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include enthusiasm to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
• Preferred Area of Study:
Economics, Public PolicyEconomic Development, Finance, , Statistics or Related Field, at a top-tier university.
• Candidates are not required to have professional work experience for the participation in the programme.
• French and English are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
• For this internship vacancy, fluency in oral and written English is required.
• Knowledge of Spanish highly is desirable.
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified candidates should apply online by 20th May 2019
• For more information and the job application details, see; UN Intern – Programme Management Jobs in Kenya.For Verified Daily jobs in Kenya, look for BIKENYA JOBS, hit the bell button to subscribe for LATEST JOB Alerts, we smile when you get that dream Career,