US Embassy Jobs in Kenya – Recruiting Diplomatic Courier Escorts
Essential Function of the Position:
The position serves as the Administrative Clerk supporting the Nairobi Regional Diplomatic Courier Operations, and from the Frankfurt Regional Diplomatic Courier Division (FRDCD).
Nairobi is a hub that provides courier operations for nine (9) posts in Africa.
The incumbent supports these regional operations and also serves as the classified pouch clerk for the Embassy;
Preparing outbound pouches, receiving inbound material and distributing that material and ensuring accountability using the pouch module in the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS).
Qualifications and Evaluations
Experience: Minimum of one-year administrative work experience is required.
Completion of High School is required.
Language: Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing) of English is required.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- Necessary: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the applicant submits the certification.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on
- LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- Current employees who used a hiring preference to obtain employment who are within their first 90 calendar days of employment are not qualified to apply.
Applicants with a hiring preference who have already accepted a conditional offer of employment may Not be extended a second limited offer of employment unless and until they withdraw their candidacy for the first position in writing.
The following may additionally be considered when determining successful candidacy: budget, nepotism, conflicts of interest, etc.
If selected, EFMs are required to serve in the position for at least one year from the date of hire, and their sponsor’s tour of service must allow sufficient time for this.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online by 1st June 2019
All the candidates must be able to get and hold a Top-Secret Security clearance.
Interested candidates for this job position must submit their application to the following link for consideration:
Candidates must submit a Universal Form for Employment (DS-174) which is available on HR/OE Intranet Site.
Please present the required documentation listed below with your application:
- A Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other approving documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
- High School Diploma
Applicants who are chosen for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete job position description listing all of the duties, required qualifications, responsibilities, etc. may be received by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your concern in working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi.
For more information on this and job application specifications, see; US Embassy Jobs in Kenya – Recruiting Diplomatic Courier Escorts